Explore the Web
Or where can you go else?
Cracow | Poland | World
| Funding Opportunities
- This is our home town. The former capital of
Poland, the royal residence and a symbol of
Polish culture, with its history dating back to
7th century. Now over 800 thousand inhabitants
- Our host university. Founded in 1364 by the
Polish king Casimir the Great. Now one of the
oldest universities in the world. Employs almost
3,000 faculty members, making more than 6,500 employees
together with administration and services. More
than 21,000 students, including 14,800 full-time
undergraduates, towards degrees in 27 subjects
and 20 specializations.
Staszic University of Mining and Metallurgy
- Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza (AGH). A technical
university, founded in 1919.
- University of
- Another technical university in Cracow, with the
scientific and educational profile somehow wider than
that of AGH.
- Akademia Pedagogiczna. This university
educates the teachers, though some scientific research
is also going there.
- Mt. Suhora
- This observatory is a part of Astronomy
Department at the Pedagogical University. It is
located in Gorce moutains, near Koninki village,
60 km south-east of Cracow.
of Nuclear Physics
- Institute founded by Henryk Niewodniczanski.
Employs 600 people, among them 346 of scientific personnel.
- The Agricultural University originated from the
Faculties of Agriculture and Forestry of the Jagiellonian
University. In 1953 these two faculties were
separated from the University and they formed a
new school - the College of Agriculture. In 1972
the College achieved the status of Agricultural
University of Cracow.
- Academy of
- Academy of Economy was founded in 1925.
Scientific staff consists of 1010 people, there
are 13633 full-time undergraduates (1995).
for the Dramatic Arts
- The history of the Academy began in 1946. The
famous Polish actor, Juliusz Osterwa, took the
initial steps which in effect led to the
establishment of the Ludwik Solski Akademy for
the Dramatic Arts through the amalgamation of
three studios that had been in operation in
of Fine Arts
- The Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow is the oldest
Polish institution of higher artistic education. The present
teaching staff of the Academy is composed of many
eminent Polish artists representing different
generations and attitudes in contemporary art.
- For more than a century, graduates of the Academy
of Music in Cracow have provided leadership in
composition, performing art, music theory and
education in Poland and abroad. Today, a faculty that
is internationally distinguished stands ready to
prepare students for comparable achievments in the
Academic Network CYFRONET
- Established in 1973, as an independent non-profit
organization, to provide the Cracow academic schools
and research institutes with powerful facilities
for tasks which were beyond the scope of their
own computer installations.
- The home page of Poland contains many interesting
links to information servers across the country.
cities on the Web
- A list of links to home pages of several Polish
- A comprehensive list of multimedia servers in
Poland. The links from the same town are grouped together.
- Some people love them, some other hate them. The
Committee for Scientific Research, with status of
the ministry, is the only central governmental
source of funds for research. Those guys there decide
how to divide the public money for the whole
Polish science. We receive (or receive not) our grants
- Internet for High Schools provides the Polish
schools access to the Internet resources. The information
on this server is in Polish.
- Virtual Academy is an independend venture for
exchanging the knowledge through the net, and supporting
development of new communication technologies.
The information on this server is in Polish.
- Wirtualna Polska
- Virtual Poland collects the clearly categorized
links to miscellaneous sources of multimedia information
in Poland. Everything there is in Polish.
- World Wide Web
- The W3 Consortium exists to develop common
standards for the evolution of the World Wide Web.
It is an industry consortium run by the
Laboratory for Computer Science at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Earth Home Page
- The home page of our planet.
- The Virtual
- The Virtual Tourist II is a map-based guide to
local and regional information on the WWW, operating
in close association with City.Net. It is an
excellent service for tourism, geography education,
and community services. If you want to learn
about the Philippines and what you can do if you
go there, look in here!
- Well, everyone knows, what the CNN is...
images of Europe
- Nice weather information hosted by the Free
University of Berlin.
- The primary aim of this website is to provide practical assistance to institutions of higher education, municipalities and small and medium-sized enterprises across Europe about EU funding opportunities.
- Sekcja ds. Programów Międzynarodowych UJ
- Materiały informacyjne nt. programu "LUDZIE" dla naukowców w 7. PR - aktualne konkursy na projekty typu Marie Curie.
- Krajowy Punkt Kontaktowy programów badawczych UE
This page is located at Cracow Observatory and
maintained by Tomasz Kundera