Search the Web
or how to be a good spider
This page is designed to help you looking for any
information across the World Wide Web. When you are lost
in the Internet, when you want to find something or
someone, just follow one of the links on this page and
the life should become much easier!
Search engines | Information files
- Google - one of the best
- Very powerful web searcher. Simply the best.
Altavista spiders explore the Web every day
looking for new information. Altavista data base
contains over 8 billion words found in over 16
million Web pages.
- Web searcher. Very popular and powerful. Contains
also a list of the 250 most popular sites. Lycos spiders
have examined about 91% of the sites on the net
and found the pages to which there are the most links
from other sites. When the site is useful or
interesting, other sites link to it. The more
interesting the site is the more links to it
- One of the best and most popular search engines
on the Web. Contains also a directory of most
popular sites in the world.
- A browsable and searchable listing of Internet
- Searches the World Wide Web.
collection of WWW searchers
- A comprehensive collection of links to WWW
searchers. If you are not satisfied with our
page, go to that one.
list of WWW servers (obsolete)
- List of WWW servers categorized by countries. If
you are interested, for example, in Zambia, go
- Galaxy is a catalogue of Internet resources
divided into hundreds of topics.
- The Starting Point
- A good starting point for Web exploration, guides
you to different topics, as news, weather,
entertainment, business, travel or education.
This page is located at Cracow Observatory and
maintained by Tomasz